1 kilo whole chicken (cut into parts) or choice of cuts
2 1/2 cups young papaya or sayote, cut roughly
1/2 cup sili or malunggay leaves
5 cups water
2 tbsps. ginger, roughly chopped
1/2 head garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
3 tbsps. patis
pinch of salt and pepper
lemon grass (tanglad), knotted
- In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the chicken, tanglad and water.
- Bring to a boil and lower fire, let simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Pour in patis, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in papaya, allow to cook.
- When ready to serve, put in sili or malunggay leaves.
- Serve hot.